Cheshire Plain

We don’t have vast prairies or savannahs on this small island, but I hope this view of the Cheshire Plain - mostly farmland on a sandstone bed - is ok for the theme ( please remove if not appropriate, Mark ).
Canon 400D, 18-55 @ 21, 1/25 @ f22, ISO 200.

Ian, this is a wonderful image for the WC. I’ve grown quite accustom to seeing similar scenes like this from other UK photogs on Youtube. Folks like, Craig Prentis, Steve Onions, Simon Baxter, Thomas Heaton, and a couple others.

Your image is very refreshing to see from this vantage point and is especially nice with the strong lighting. Even with the many clouds here the sun has provided an excellent clarity to the view. The farming area below still provides some fine “Open Spaces” along with some beautiful foliage too…:+1:

Hi Ian, good to see a post from you. This fits the theme well. The bit of bright sun on the lovely green fields does a great job of grabbing my eyes and then leading them across this very long view. In spite of what’s been posted so far this week, I think that “open spaces” can be modest in size, it’s more of a feeling and trying to capture that feeling for me.

Ian,

Wonderful view. I think this certainly qualifies as “open spaces” even though bits and pieces are occupied. :wink: The elevated position of course works in showing the expanse of the landscape.

Excellent,

Lon

This is a lovely view of the countryside for sure, Ian. The higher elevation is perfect for showcasing the fields and the surrounding environment. I also like the hints of autumn color. My only suggestion would be to clone out that sliver of rock showing in the LLC. Nice clouds BTW.

This is excellent, Ian, and one of those images that really needs to be seen large. It just opens up and fills the soul when I click on it.

A populated yet wide open scene, Ian! The sunlight and shadows make it especially nice and the large version has much more presence. It puts you right there!