Conversation Sparked

Hi Folks,
Here is my offering for the Weekly Challenge #878-beautiful-day. This is Broken Top in the Three Sisters Wilderness from Sparks Lake on a lovely September Afternoon. A pair sitting on their stand-up paddleboard seems to be immersed in both conversation and absorbing the beauty.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

I’m always open to suggestions on how to improve technical aspects. Not sure here whether the couple is too bright (wearing white on a hot day, but…)

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

A breeze kept the reflection from being perfect, so I cropped out the reflection of the mountain, but I liked the bit of shoreline trees reflected in the water.

Is the couple on the paddleboard placed well? There is not much I can do, short of cloning them to a different position, given the location of mountain. I can narrow the pano though, and I have two versions with less width.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Canon 5d3 with 24-105 at 50mm

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Marylynne, this is a lovey, peaceful looking scene. The paddleboarders help with putting the viewer in the scene. The colors in the mountain look good. The tree reflections in the lake look good as well.

A lovely scene, Marylynne. I like the placement of the people and the mountain retains quite a bit of relief even in the overhead sun. To answer your question about the whites, the person on the left and their reflection looks just a bit too bright to my eye.

Thanks Dennis and Mark. Broken Top is so pretty (the volcanic reds and yellows) that I do think it is still photogenic in mid-day sun. I’ll tone down the white in my version!
ML

Very peaceful image, Marylynne. I do think the paddlers are placed just fine, though maybe a touch bright. The white does pick up, though, quite nicely on the snow patches on the mountain