Coyote Stare

I was out birding at the Parker River Wildlife Reserve, Plum Island Massachusetts. I pulled into a parking area and rolled down my window to look for bird s and this guy was walking right toward my car, without hesitation I began photographing.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is appreciate.

Technical Details

Nikon D500, Nikon Lens 5/6 - 500mm
1/1000 sec, f5/6, ISO 640
I did bring it into Photoshop raw and sharpened and noise reduction.

4 Likes

Excellent catch, Norma. I love the intense look.

Thank you David! it was just one of those moments.

I think I’ve seen a zillion coyotes over my many years in the field and of course in urban areas now too. This is about the healthiest and cleanest one I’ve ever seen. An excellent image and stop action stare down photograph. Wonderful, Norma… :+1:

Beautiful photo, I love that you kept the colours so natural.

Thank you, I think he blends right in.

Thank you, Paul

Beautiful image. I’m from MA and visit the PRNWR quite a bit. I used to live in NBPT, but now I have a 20-minute drive. It’s a special place!

1 Like

That’s a very fine specimen of coyote. Like Paul, I’ve seen a ton of sad looking coyotes around but this one looks very healthy, and like he just came from a groomers shop. Looks like it’s daring you to get out of the car.

Excellent shot of this fine animal. Nice detail, color and lighting. I only have a very minor suggestion - since it is facing more to the right, I would crop a bit off the left to have more room in front than behind.

1 Like

Thanks Steve, I will try that crop to give more room to the right. I like it.

Here is the new crop. Hope my image is posted in the correct area.

1 Like

Great specimen and I like that curious gaze !