Crocosmia

The flower buds of the Crocosmia are the subject of this image. Interesting plant that attracts hummingbirds.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Sony A6000, F6.3, 1/320 sec., ISO 400, at 210mm

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Beautiful, Patricia. Graceful and elegant.

Truly a stunning & wonderful image here, Patricia…:+1:

Excellent capture, Patricia. I always enjoy images of pretty much different tones of green. Very nice details, lines and shapes as well. :+1::+1:

Patricia: This is wonderful and for me illustrates the allure of good nature photography. Your comp, DOF/POF choice and crop decisions are excellent. All of those variables come together in a terrific finished product. Most excellent :+1::+1:>=))>

Beautiful work. It’s simple and elegant!

This is beautiful and unusual, Patricia. I’m not familiar with this plant, either as buds or blossoms. Very elegant and graceful, lovely detail and light.

Patricia,

Gorgeous! Simply stunning photography. funny, despite the pointy and sharp edged spiny leaves(?) - this image is chalk full of grace and elegance.

Lon

This is so exquisite :raised_hands: Beautiful :heart:

The angle you shot the seed heads moving up implies motion. Very nice.

Like this very much. A very different way to see grass.