Descending

Abstracts are my new favorite thing, and I had a hard time picking just one. I just decided to go as abstract as possible for my contribution this week. I have this in color as well, but b/w seems so much more abstract

What technical feedback would you like if any?

I didn’t focus stack this, so I’m hoping it is sufficiently crisp throughout. Let me know if it isn’t.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

I’m always interested in feedback on whether something works for you personally. I know many things are a matter of taste, and I’m not out for a popularity contest, but I do like honest opinions, especially when they are accompanied by a yawn of boredom. Brutal honesty is not brutal.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Single image, 32mm, minor crop

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Your choice of b&w enhanced the lines, textures and tonal range in this image. The diagonal flow of the lines was also the correct choice. My only wish is that the upper right be just a little brighter so that that flow carries throughout the image.

Maryllynne, the diagonal lines, shapes, high contrast and high grain create a very striking image.