Dreamy White Globe Amaranth

This White Globe Amaranth was in a bouquet I bought from the farmers market. Any thoughts welcome. I’m still learning the Lensbaby.

Fuji XT3, Lensbaby Velvet 56

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

A very interesting and unusual subject. I like the high key treatment with the soft look, and you got some interesting details in focus. My only thought would be o leave a little more room at the top for the small flowers there, but composition on a complex subject like this can be limited. It looks like it’s fun to play with.

@Diane_Miller Thank you for your thoughts on my Amaranth image. I like your idea of including more flowers at the top, and I could have done that, as I did crop the image. I played with it more, but I’m not sure I like the result.

Yes, the extra detail at the top is now competing with the center of the flower, which now feels too close to the bottom edge. A crop halfway in between would be a compromise. You could then remove the half-flower that would be cut in two at the top edge.

@Diane_Miller Thanks Diane.

I think the first image emphasizes the depth of the flower more than the second composition. I like that you found an unusual subject for us to view. I’m not too familiar with how to use the lens baby so I can’t give you any advice for improvement. Thanks for posting this. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

@Patricia_Brundage Thank you so much Patricia! I like the first image better, which is why I cropped it that way. I appreciate your feedback!

I will also go with the first image. In the second the center of the flower is too close to the bottom edge.

1 Like

@Michael_Lowe Thanks for your feedback Michael. I appreciate it.