Dry Wash Oak Tree - WC #887

I photographed this scene during a late summer afternoon as the sun was setting on the western right side of this location.
This singular large oak tree seems to thrive in this very arid area based upon what water it receives through this very large dry wash.

Wista DXIII 4x5 - Schneider APO 210mm - Velvia 50

Paul: Awesome scene and a marvelous tree. I wonder how old it is. The rock looks like the one in A Wild Hair. This looks like a target rich environment and you’ve done really well.>=))>

1 Like

Bill, good eye on the rock formation being similar, although this is not the exact same one as my previous post. This is in the same dry wash however, but about a half mile apart…:sunglasses:

Paul, that tree has an amazing amount of branches for being in the J-tree desert. It does look like most of the branches are dead, which presumably speaks to the recent climate. It’s also an amazing rock formation, that is (or course for you…) very nicely lit. Quite the find and shot!

1 Like

Paul, this image makes me want to go back to JTree and explore again. It’s funny how the closest thing to me seems to be the place I go the least. This is such a beautiful formation and complemented with a very nice tree. I really like your choice of composition, too!

1 Like