Eagles on a Shoreline +Crop

There’s not a lot of action here, but I liked seeing this gathering of eagles in an attractive setting. The eagles have gathered because the herring are spawning. No need to fly, just reach in and grab one.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any and all.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any and all.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn) Nikon D 500 and 80-400 lens at 1/800, f/11 and ISO 1000.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Excellent behavior. I like the color, the exposure, and the water. The larger image seems a little soft but I think if you tried Topaz AI clear you could tighten it up quite a bit.

A very nice “Eagle Scape”, Richard. I like all the different poses and the relaxed attitude. The setting is wonderful. I think you might want to look at cropping just a bit off the left side. The brighter rock entering the frame there tends to pull my eye away from the main subjects.

Dennis: good catch re the stone. Here’s a crop minus the bright stone. Richard

Wow, that many eagles in the same frame, I am not sure I would be able to get a steady shot, myself, I would just be so excited. Wonderful setting, and capture of these beautiful eagles, Richard! If you said where, I missed it.

Excellent job on the recrop, Richard.

A lovely gathering of eagles Richard, these birds small in the frame images are tough to pull off but this one works great!