El Cap This Way

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: I found a rather large frozen puddle when in Yosemite in winter near El Cap, and the ice patterns pointed right at the monolith. Since I was using a wide angle lens and got close to the ground, the puddle almost looks like a lake. Single image, ISO1000, f/16, 19mm, 1/200.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Oh wow, Kathy, this is really a nice image. I sure am enjoying the ice challenge this week. I don’t have any yet myself (live in NC where it has been 70’s for the past week). I have yet to make it to Yosemite, so this is even more special to me. I just love how the lines in the ice point to El Cap! Nicely seen and captured. :+1: :+1:

Nice reflections in the ice! I like this one alot

Very nice, Kathy! I particularly like the contrast where the sharp, crystaline lines of the new ice meet the softer curves and texture of the older ice. The reflections of light from El Cap also gives the ice a nice glow.

This awesome shot is definitely, IMHO, a top contender for weekly challenge winner. Excellent.

Really nice take on El Cap. The icy foreground looks excellent, providing a great lead-in to the massive granite. Processing looks spot on too.

Kathy, you’ve made great use of that triangle of ice lines on the pond edge. This is a fine mix of ice and icon.

Kathy: I’ve never been to Yosemite in the winter so this is pushing a trip there higher on the bucket list. Wonderful find and a fine capture. :+1: :+1:>=))>