Electric!

This was originally a lightbox image . I had a brain storm and messed around with lab color. Ive done this before but took it more steps this time. Not sure I could describe it yet but I messed around with all the channels.

Hi to everyone!! Ive been dealing with some non photography issues that take up time

Best
Kathy

PS - Edited to put a different version of this up because I put the wrong one up the first time.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
See above. Lightbox image, multiple exposures, combined, then lab color.

2 Likes

You can’t post a bigger image? Seriously beautiful image, but almost too small to appreciate.

Hi Tony
I reposted. I had used the export I use for other groups I belong to. I have to say, I don’t understand what is wrong with the smaller as it shows to a full screen but I went ahead and posted another one as it is very much a work in progress. I make it a practice of not posting bigger than 750 which , in my mind, is big enough to see the photo . I realize there is a difference of opinion on this . I have mine and you have yours. Cheers.

Kathy

Eye catching and pretty dramatic. I really like the upward flow to the image. And how the green highlighted leaves contain the flowers seeming about to burst out.
Lovely and needs to be hanging on a wall somewhere.

1 Like

This is truly a piece of art Kathy. Beautiful.

1 Like

Hi Kathy, Composition and colors are just wonderful and the dark background, one of my favorites, accentuates the textures and colors. Love this shot.
Wayne

1 Like

Much better size. 750 is plenty. The strong warm and cool colors create a really nice contrast. A photographic context for the image is nearly gone, but I don’t think it matters given the result is so strong. I actually appreciate how photographs can sometimes lead to alternatives that complete transcend the original capture.

1 Like

This is an amazing piece of art! It must be wonderful as a large print. The black background is perfect to support the colors and shapes of the flower.

1 Like

Looks beautiful! the curvature of the leaves make the flow. I wouldn’t have preferred the black background as the flowers have a lot of dark spots, but because of the strong reds and bluish green leaves make the image pop up against a dark background. Beautifully done.

1 Like

Thanks Ravi
I am planning to address some of the dark areas by making some differential exposure layers and doing some painting. This was originally shot on light box with a white background but the colors were completely different.

This reminds me of the great photo art category the old NPN allowed. You have a great original with a sensuous flow to the composition. The brilliant colors and dark background work well together and the end result is stunning.

1 Like

@Ola_Jovall @ravi @David_Leroy @Patricia_Brundage @johnwayne @Carol_Nichols

Thank you all for the kind words.