Eye of a Bison

What technical feedback would you like if any? All is appreciated

What artistic feedback would you like if any? All is appreciated

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Taken with a Nikon D5, Lens Nikkor 70-200 mm with a 1.8 teleconverter

Taken at F/8.0, 1/1000 sec, ISO 800 @ 340 mm

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

ig cheryl_a_kuhl

Cheryl, this is a great look at this snow covered bison, peeking out at you. It’s coating of snow is very striking and says a lot of the snowstorm that is either just over or beginning to let up. However, each particular Weekly Challenge lasts for only one week. This week’s challenge (Camouflage) is show at the beginning of the Topic/Image list.

Thanks Mark. Sorry for the mistake. .I thought it was High Key through yesterday when I posted. … not sure what day it is any more. I will try to move the photo to wildlife.

You’re close…This would have gone very well in High-Key, but the WC ends Saturday night at 11:59 Eastern time. It’s probably easier and faster if I move it.

Thanks. I think I got it.

You must be very close to the Bison to get a close up with 70-200 mm !
Although it shows off the eye well, but it lacks the technical quality and the emotion, that your other close up shows IMHO.
Actually it is quite difficult to give nice cut to close ups.

Thanks Jagdeep. I very much appreciate your insights and willingness to share. Actually, I had a 1.7 teleconverter on a 70-200., so was at around 340 mm…still close. You are right about the lack of detail and the lack of connection with the subject created. This is another joust with a windmill…