Fading away + re-post

A couple of weeks ago I post an image of this succulent bloom I had saved from the frost. It’s been in a vase since then, slowly fading away when I noticed today the wonderful gradation of the colors from pale yellow to intense purple.

I photograph this in my studio against a white background focusing only on the main flower. In LR I blurred and dehazed some of the receding flowers, hopefully, putting more emphasis on the center bloom. In PS I added some canvas to the right side, giving the composition more even spacing.

Nikon D7200, f/4.5, 1/5sec., iso 320, @100, tripod, remote.
Looking for overall comments, suggestions and thoughts; composition, coloring and feeling of the image.

Linda, I like this image, and the way you draw the eye to the one bloom. The white BG really works for this. The way you faded out the flowers in the BG works well, in my opinion. You left the shapes and lines of other blooms just enough that the viewer knows what is back there, but not distracting. Very creative. The composition works well.

Thank you @Shirley_Freeman . Truly appreciate your kind words.

1 Like

Linda, this is very well composed and processed. The sharp blooms stands out, there a good distribution of oof parts filling the rest of the frame and good amount of clear space around the edges. To keep out of trouble :wink:, you might try angling the plant in the frame (if it’s still around).

Linda: This is a complete shot with wonderful subject matter and exceptionally good decisions regarding DOF and presentation. Superbly crafted image. >=))>

Thanks Mark. . . staying out of trouble doesn’t normally work for me too well. . . so here is a slightly different angle.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Thanks @Bill_Fach, appreciate your kind comments.

OMG Linda. I like the different angle (second Image) even better than one posted and that one is incredible. Great balance, soft colors, interesting subject in both of them but I do prefer the second post. Just beautiful. Nice save.

Linda: Awesome Repost! You did a marvelous job with this bloom. Many kudos! >=))>

Thanks @David_Haynes and @Bill_Fach. I too, like the second version, just has a different feel. Truly have been enjoying watching the little bloom go through it’s life cycle. This morning, just as the sun was peaking through my window, the most wonderful light hit the blooms again. . .and there I was camera in hand . . . . breakfast came later.:blush:

Linda, the 2nd view is equally good and nicely different. Well worth the trouble, :grin:

1 Like

Linda: Breakfast can wait, good light is precious.

1 Like

Great capture Linda, I have also started getting interested in this kind of photography. I love the details in the subject only with the rest blurred. Great idea about background.

1 Like

Thanks @Dean_Salman. I’m still developing my technique where I keep in focus what I chose and blur the rest. Great challenge for me.