Feathers

The wing of a mute swan cob resting on the edge of a lake.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
1/1000 at f5.6; ISO 3200

2 Likes

Stunningly subdued.

Abstractions of common subjects are so intriguing. The images are gifts for the viewer. They give us the chance to create our own narrative, decide what we want them to represent, and let our imaginations soar.

You captured both the broad feathery landscape and the intricate detail of structure.

Beautiful.

appreciate the thoughtful comments

1 Like

Looks great, Anita. The big sweeping pattern of the main feathers and how they ā€œfallā€ across the frame has a fine sense of movement. The bit of darker feathers in the upper left are a fun change-of-pace.

Beautiful patterns and tones. This works quite well in B&W, too. I might clone out the brighter lines coming in from the left side in the upper right corner, but that is getting picky. The image looks really nice.

We donā€™t think of swans as anything but ā€˜whiteā€™ so itā€™s really great to see this image with such tonal variation. It might do with a bit more contrast, but I wouldnā€™t push it too far. It might attract more attention to the details rather than the overall pattern which is really fabulous.

Thank you for your comments. I already did darken the brighter feathers at the top right corner. I tried cropping it but didnā€™t like it.
My description was wrong; this is not a cob wing. It is a B&W of a cygnet wing taken in September with a mixture of ā€˜taupeā€™ and white.

I love this, and would remove what seems to be a hair in the ULC to make it picture perfect.