Fern Quest 3

Continuing looking for fern comps for a series.

Specific Feedback Requested

Composition and processing but anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
70mm f/16 1/3 sec iso 500

3 Likes

Ah…that was my first thought when I saw this…as part of a series it would be great. On its own it isn’t quite as strong as the others, meaning I don’t think you could hang this by itself and have as standout a winner as the last one, but as part of a triptych or something it’s a strong choral voice. First, the companion plant is different, so that’s another note. Plus it’s a tighter crop and has very little depth, but the bolder outlines & textures work well.

I think I’m having almost as much fun with this as you are.

1 Like

Another GORGEOUS one! I love the silver tonalities and the composition! For me, this is a very worthy companion to the other two. My only very small nit is that the crop feels just a bit tight on top.

I look forward to a continuation of this series – having one presented every morning with my coffee would be just right!

Mario: Not much to add to what Kristen offered but it confirms that B&W can be a very successful alternative in Flora imaging. Well done on this and the entire series. >=))>

@Bill_Fach THanks for the comments Bill.

Love the composition, textures and tones in this image, Mario. Well done!

Oh, very nice. Love the changes in light across the frame and on the different kinds of plants. One nit that catches my eye is the OOF lighter leaf near the LRC, in the background. All the other spaces between the foreground leaves are very dark, and I think that burning that one remaining leaf down would be good.