Ferns in Light

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Out walking the garden and saw this photo idea. Rock Steps on the right and plants Framed in natural light …

Specific Feedback

The lighting on the plant may be out of balance. I used the dodging tool to help with the natural light. i did vignette the photo and tried to bring the focus to the center. and have a few plants on the left to balance the photo. I did crop a little on both sides. The vibe of the photo is natural light…

Technical Details

1000 ISO shutter speed 100 f18 edited in photoshop. dodge and burn tools Contrast and vignette. Im learning to keep up with the technical side of digital photography. Im Learning so much here on the Network…

1 Like

Gill, I like the appearance of the ferns and how they stand out so nicely. I’m wondering if you darkened the rock steps so that it looks almost a black BG if that would call more attention to the subject? I think you did a good job on the dodging and burning on the ferns.

Hi Gill,

This looks great! :slight_smile:

I really like how clean it looks and I like the angle of the fern as well as the dodging and burning!

This is mostly personal preference here but a tighter crop on the right would make it stronger, the space on the right doesn’t really support anything in particular, but again, that’s just my personal opinion.

Very nice! :slight_smile:

Thanks. I wanted to show the rock stairs and something darker and solid. The plant is delicate. Just my strange way of balance.

Thanks for showing interest

1 Like