Flighty Ducks

Dennis Plank and I went out yesterday morning with the intent of shooting Red Winged Blackbirds and found numerous targets at a local

wetlands. Early in the morning there were quite a few Wood Ducks and Mallards going about their routine. This wetlands area is approximately 5 acres of natural freshwater and associated plant life. A very nice place for some species and rarely visited by others. These two Mallards were moderately far away. This image is 10% of full frame at iso-800 with handheld 1200 mm full frame equivalent.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Iso-800, 500 mm +1.4 extender, F8, 1000th, D 500, handheld, just under 10% of full frame, added canvas on the left.
Because this is such a large crop, I used DxO photolab, Topaz AI clear, Topaz adjust in addition to the Adobe products.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

A nice capture, David. It really looks good to be 10% of the full frame. Nice how you caught them right together, and their wings are in nice position.

I’m impressed with the detail you achieved from what looks like a fair distance. Very nice flight shot.