Following the prompt; newby here for continued learning and connection

Hi all,
I’m a long time interested in photography, short time practicing photography sort of fulla.
You’ll find me in New Zealand, usually near water or in the bush with either a kid or a dog in tow, often both.
I’m pretty excited about nature and also photography so this place seems like a very logical spot to hang out. I’m here to learn and continue the journey, she’s been a steep curve so far but i’m loving the ride.
Right, that’ll do; looking forward to meeting you all!
Cheers,

6 Likes

Hi and welcome aboard NPN - nice to see another person from the other end of the globe. Looking forward to seeing how you see your world and your interpretation of the images folks post showing theirs.

1 Like

Hi Jarrod and welcome to NPN. I too am looking forward to seeing more of your images and I really like your image in this thread. The greens are so wonderful and I love the light on the tree fern in the center.

1 Like

Hi Jarrod, welcome to NPN. I am sure you will get a lot out of our community and I look forward to seeing your contributions as well. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Wonderful first image. Very lush, green, peaceful. Well done.

1 Like

@jarrod
Totally gorgeous love the light. The light coming in from the TR is perfect.

1 Like

Hi Jarrod! Welcome to NPN! This is a great community for photographers at any skill level to learn and improve their art. Getting critiques of your work is a good way to improve, as are the many articles and webinars available here. Evaluating and critiquing other persons photographs is also a great way to learn and improve your own work.

I really like your introductory image. Beautiful greens and nice light. Good detail too. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

1 Like

Hello, Jarrod and Welcome to NPN :slight_smile:

I looked at your website portfolio and one thing I can say is: I hope you’re willing to share some of your techniques with us, I’d love to learn from you.
Your first image certainly feels like it’s from the bush to me. It’s a Great Mood and Environment conveying image IMHO.
I really like your Motto as well.

I’m looking forward to seeing more

1 Like

Very primordial and beautiful. I love the way the light is hitting the giant fern. Nicely done. Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome, Jarrod! This is a lovely forest scene and a very nice introduction to your work! I love the mysterious light here, and the progression from the up-close vegetation to the forest behind. I really like the framing effect of the tree on the right. My initial thought, although it might be impractical, would be for a bit more breathing room on both sides.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your very kind and welcoming words! I’ve been away with the fam so apologies for this tardy reply.

I love the common thread of shared learning and growing together, it’s quite inspirational and I hope I can contribute as much as I receive from this community!!