Fox vs Groundhog

Though the foxes can run circles around her - and often literally do - the groundhog is determined to chase them out of her territory. This scene unfolds nearly every day in my backyard. Far more entertaining than television!

Specific Feedback Requested

Any. Would a bit more dof been better?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 60D
Canon 70-300 mm IS USM zoom
f/5.6
1/2000 sec.
ISO 1250
Hand Held

Processed in ACR and PSE 2020 for exposure, sharpness, and cropping. Topaz De-noise applied.

1 Like

Oh my! That’s hilarious! :rofl: Thanks for sharing your backyard wild kingdom! Nice action shoot!

Terry, you are really blessed to have this kind of wildlife right in your back yard. It is funny that the fox is letting a groundhog chase it off.

Thanks @Vanessa_Hill and @Shirley_Freeman. The groundhog also chases off the gray foxes. I am truly blessed to have these critters around. They have provided many hours of joy and entertainment over the last 20 years.

2 Likes

Oh wow! Did you add this second photo? It’s beautiful! Is he/she young? It’s like he’s asking you, “what’s with this groundhog? He’s ‘hogging’ the whole yard!”

Thanks! Yes, I added it just to show you how to add a “repost”. If you click on one photo, you can “arrow” back and forth between the two photos. That’s actually the female; she’s smaller than the male.

1 Like

Oh yeah! That’s neat! Thanks for the demo! And the neat photos of the foxes!

1 Like

Very interesting capture, amusing too !

1 Like