Frosty Morning

A couple weeks ago I was riding my bike on a 30 degree morning and saw all the dandelions in a hazelnut orchard frosted over! I had to stop and take pictures of it, I never saw anything like it before it was so beautiful! I got pretty cold laying on the ground and crawling around to get the right angle! But it was a beautiful experience and they since have mowed them down.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400
55mm
1/50
f/32
ISO 400
Cropped for 8x11 and adjusted shadows and sharpened slightly

1 Like

I love this image Vanessa. The dandelion in the background echoing the one in the foreground makes for a really nice composition. I wish there was a little more room around the edges, but that’s just my preference. And the cluster of light-brown somethings (not sure what they are) in the bottom-right corner are a bit of a distraction that maybe you could clone out? But these are just minor points - overall, I love the composition, the background, and the sharpness of the details. Great shot!

1 Like

Hi @Mark_Ali ! Thanks for looking and your feedback! The brownish things are a part of a dandelion bud! I just got as close as I could to the flower because I wanted to get as much detail as possible and get the other one in the background, I might have been able to get back a little but there were a lot of grasses to keep out of the way! I also didn’t want to have to crop because I always do! :slight_smile: Thanks again! I’m glad you like it!

1 Like

Interesting and beautiful image, Vanessa. Like Mark, I wish the flower had a bit of room, but that’s a bit of a minor thing, I guess. Who knew a dandelion could be so beautiful? Very nice.

1 Like

Thanks @terryb! I kind of understand what you both mean about more room. But I was trying to get as close as possible so the frost and the little droplets would be visible. I’m glad you like it even though it might be too tight!

1 Like

Vanessa, I missed this somehow… It’s a very nice look at these dandelion seed heads. They stand out well against the green grass behind. I think getting the head on the right in full sun would be good, but this does work well as presented.

1 Like

Thanks, @Mark_Seaver . Glad you like it! I should have waited a little bit longer for the sun to get higher, maybe. Then it might’ve also really made the frost sparkle.