Ghosts in the Forest

When I originally took this image my intention was converting it to B&W. This was taken in Acadia NP, ME along the edges of a marsh jutting up to the forest. The scene just seemed to resonate with me for some reason.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D700, Nikon 80-200 @ 200mm, f 16 @ 2.5 sec, ISO 200, cable release & tripod

2 Likes

Ed, your processing does a fine job of balancing these tree trunks with the crosshatch of branches. One thing I often do in an abstract is try for fairly uniform contrast. In this case, there’s a vertical strip just to the right of center that “might” benefit from deepening the dark areas to black.

I like this one. I would have enjoyed a large version to get more of the details. I like the processing but I would be curious to see a version with higher contrast, especially in the darks and mids. Real nice entry for the challenge.

Thanks for your kind words @Mark_Seaver and @Harley_Goldman ; glad you guys enjoyed the image. I am not sure why, but my last two posts had that problem. I will try loading another with this reply.

@Mark_Seaver : I completely missed that, but you are right. I will give that a try or maybe clone it out.