Goshawk coming in for landing

From the eagel hide.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything!

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D850, Nikon 200-500mm / 5,6 @ 390 mm, f/7,1, 1/1250 s, ISO 900

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
2 Likes

Lennart, this is really neat, in my opinion. I am enjoying everything about it. The snow kicked up is a real bonus. Excellent shot.

This is an excellent image, Lennart!

The sharpness on the bird is perfect and having the snow flying around really adds to the appeal of the image.

Very nicely done!

Great shot ! Snow on the ground makes for so much better lighting ! Love it way round ! Cheers, Hans

Lennart, amazing. Two suggestions:

1. More rooms all over
  2. Perhaps consider cloning out the bright strip on the top part of the image?

Superb image, Lennart. The snow and the eye make it for me. If you don’t mind a little cloning, I think I would do something about that rectangular looking object above the far wing-it tends to pull my eye.

Thank you Dennis!
Maybe a better picture if I make some cloning but I never do that on my nature pictures.
Here it is not cosidered honest to clone a nature picture.
The white square is a birch out of focus .

Thanks everyone for your nice comments! :grinning::grinning:

Another excellent capture Lennart, the focus is perfectly placed on the eye and the flying snow adds great drama. A quick question-how were the birds brought into the hide?

The Golden Eagle is a threatened spicies here. Among other threats, contaminated food is a major problem. I take part in a national work with feeding the eagles with poisonfree food .
In wintertime I collect traffic killed deers and transport them to suitable places.

Wonderful image. I love the detail of the face and breast feathers, everything else frames this area. I too would like a little more space all the way around the bird. Also, my preference is to shoot birds in flight somewhat faster to freeze the detail of the wings. That said, many viewers like the feeling of movement that the wing tips impart.