Gray on Green

A couple of weeks ago, there were lots of these gray tree frogs (Hyla versicolor) just finishing their metamorphosis from tadpole to frog sitting on the leaves of the arrowhead arum in the pond next door to my house. In a couple of instances, I could get close enough to get these small frogs showing well against the backlit leaves. If you look closely, you can see that it is a youngster that still shows a bit of it’s pointy tadpole tail.

7D2, 180mm Macro L, 1/160 s, f/14, iso 800, tripod

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Mark, a really amazing view in the natural setting of this little frog. The leaf and back lighting really defines this one in the end. I would have never picked up on the tail item if you’d not mentioned it. I can see the tip you mention. Really a fine image overall…:sunglasses:
The only really up close frogs I recall is from Biology 101…:clown_face:

Wow, Mark, that is an incredible shot. Love the back lit leaf. The tail is a nice plus, letting us know it truly is a young one, and probably very small.

I love the overall green pallet here Mark and the sense of almost translucency in the picture.
Nice leaf detail.

A striking image with the light shining through the leaf.

Mark: Just excellent! Love the lighting and comp and the texture in the leaf. :+1::+1:>=))>