Greetings everyone. I'm Jason Pettit

I’m a landscape photographer from Prince Edward County, Ontario Canada. I’m sure I know a few of you here from instagram, and that’s where I first heard of this site.

I’m really interested in tapping the collective experience of the members here to grow, and mature my photography. Often I find myself working in a bubble, which makes photographic decisions difficult, so I thought that reaching out for advice from other photographers would give me a fresh perspective. I’m sure we all understand that sometimes you get too close to the image, and you can’t see the forest for the trees sometimes.

My end goal with my photography is to create images that convey a sense of place, and my emotions about the natural world. I want to tell a story with images that move beyond just another pretty picture.

So, thanks for having me. I look forward to getting to know you all.

1 Like

Jason, hello and welcome to the NPN photographic community. Wonderful image here in your first post… :+1:

Thank very much Paul! I’m just finding my way around here…it’s very extensive!

1 Like

Greetings, Jason. I’m sure you will receive lots of valuable advice here. And what a spectacular first post! Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

1 Like

Thanks for the warm greeting Bonnie! This site seems like a very vast resource.

This is very nice… the foam is killer, I think the gradient a bit much , you held the highlights, I personally would raise the left side a bit.
The slight sea mist and glow is very good processing…

1 Like

Hello & welcome. Living on the coast like that must be great for photography. I look forward to your images & participation.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome and suggestions Dan. It does seem dark to me sometimes. It’s bright enough in Lightroom but I’m sure we all get frustrated with how different things appear on other screens. I’ll play around with the gradient.

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I am fortunate in where I live. My local area is pretty much an island in Lake Ontario.