Gull Macro

A juvenile gull (not sure what kind). I zoomed in for an intimate profile. The iris of it’s eye is very interesting. It looks almost like 40 - 60 grit sandpaper! Click on the image 2 times for a super close-up.

Sony a6500, FE100400GM @ 400 mm, ISO-250, f/6.3, 1/800, hand held.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Wow, Gary, that eye is really cool. The way the light is coming in on it really made the grainy look show up more than we normally can see it, plus the fact that you are zoomed in for a head shot. Perfect for the WC. Nice details throughout. A nice complimentary background.

Nice capture Gary. I love how the focus was right on the eye and getting the feeling of the bird focused on me.

Gary, an outstanding portrait of this Gull. The details in the eye look great. I’m also thoroughly enjoying the snow and water drop on it’s bill. BTW, thanks for the response on the Oyster Catcher.

Amazing closeup detail. Well composed, I do think you could drop the blue sat a bit which would whiten the scant bluish cast in the shadows.