Happy Together

Image Description

With bright sun and temperatures heading into the upper 60s (~16C) the sunbathing turtles were numerous in a local pond where there are lots of downed trees sticking out of the water. This crew had found a grass covered log. The “rear legs extended” pose of the largest turtle was good for a big grin. It seems that Jim Z has also been “chasing” turtles, so I wanted to provide an alternative view to his excellent turtle swimming shot.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Technical Details

R5, 100-500 @ 451, polarizer, tripod

2 Likes

Ahhhhhh… Nothing as nice as kicking off your boots and airing out your toes! :grinning:

Oh what a great group. Amazing the size differences on display. The largest is probably an old female and judging by those back feet, has had a few close calls over the years. Maybe a slight CCW rotation and I could see using a touch of dehaze on the shells. Nice catch. I have just signed up for a guided kayak trip on the Tomahawk river that focuses on turtle conservation. I’m hoping to see the elusive soft-shelled turtle!

These turtles look warm and toasty in the Spring sun. The subjects are nice and sharp and my only suggestion is to crop out the floating algal mat that protrudes into the frame from the RH side. It drew my eyes away from the turtles. Other than thaty, I like this group of sunbathers. Well done…Jim

Great photo, Mark. I like the composition and the reflection. The photo makes it look like a warmer say.

Such a neat find and capture, Mark. I like @Diane_Miller comment about kicking the boots off because the toes of the large turtle caught my eye immediately. They all seem to be enjoying the sun. Nice reflections of them too.