Hello all. I'm Shanda.

I am an outdoor photographer from Durango, Colorado. I spent the last 25 years in the Air Force and recently retired and came back home. I hope to connect with photographers and learn. As I believe that Life is a Journey and learning is never-ending, I’m always open to ways to improve and learn new techniques. While my favorite nature image may not be a “banger,” it is my favorite because of the remarkable moment it represents. Cheers.

A great scene, very nicely captured. The photo looks like it’s a bit rotated CW.

Hi, Shanda. I’m not really a landscape photographer and therefore feel unqualified to critique landscape photography - other than to say I like it or don’t like it, which seems kinda weak. But I did want to thank you for your service to our country, and welcome you to NPN. I do like this photo, btw.

Hi Shanda! Welcome to NPN!

I really like your image. It is well composed and the exposure and colors look good. The NPN community is a great place to learn. Many members provide very helpful, well meaning critiques, but the most important thing about any photo is how the artist feels.

I looking forward to more of your images and contributions!

Hi Shanda, welcome to NPN. I know you’ll get a lot out of this community and I hope to see more of your work.

Regards,
David

Hi Shanda - Welcome to NPN. You’ll find this a great resource and place to learn. Your photo is lovey and that must have been a magical moment. I love the pink hues in the ice.

Hello. It’s nice to meet you Terry. Thank you. I see you are a wildlife photographer. I just started capturing some this year. It’s very different from my specialty; long exposure, but fun. I just (finally) got a 100-400mm for my Nikon Z. I’m excited to get out and try it.

1 Like

Hello Steve. Thank you! Very true. I think we forget about that down the road. I know I did. This photograph was taken on an old camera that didn’t handle ISO very well so it is a bit grainy when someone looks close. It was also before I learned focus-stacking, but it was a unique site at a local lake I visit regularly with family.

I just returned from a west-coast trip that started in Seattle. It was my first time visiting. We stayed in Gig Harbour. You live in such a beautiful place!

1 Like

Hello David. Thank you. It’s nice to meet you. I see you are from Oregon. What a beautiful state! I just came down the coast from Seattle to San Francisco last month. I certainly loved Oregon.

1 Like

Hello Bonnie. It is nice to meet you. I appreciate the kind words. The photograph was taken at a lake nearby my home that I visit often with my family. It was rare to see the ice sheets along the shore.

Shanda,

Welcome to NPN! So glad to have you here. We look forward to your images and contributions!

Lon