Hello everyone! My name is David and I live in South Florida.

Ever since my father taught me how to use his Minolta 35mm, I have enjoyed photography off/on throughout the years. From shooting for my High School yearbook, to a short stint (while my sons played organized sports when they were young) selling action sports images to various City leagues, I have consistently enjoyed taking pictures. Now, as I approach retirement, I am looking more and more for ways to improve my images and I have created quite a large bucket of places I want to visit and shoot. I’m hoping this site helps me in that quest for improvement. This is from my latest trip to San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.

1 Like

Hi David! Welcome to NPN! That’s a very nice travel photo! It looks like a great place to visit. I’m looking forward to more of your work and your contributions to this great community of nature photographers.

Welcome, David! Great name. Glad to have you aboard!

Hi David! Welcome aboard! Great to have you here on NPN. We look forward to your sharing your images and also for your participation in the galleries and discussions!

Lon

Hey David, welcome to NPN. I know you’ll get a lot out of this community. This is a wonderful image and would make a great addition to the Non-Nature category. I love the balloon in the scene and the wonderful sky.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work here soon.

BTW, I retired last November. I know you’ll have a blast.

Hi and welcome to NPN - being retired is the bomb. Here’s to your bucket list and checking them off. Glad you see you settling in with the site and getting comfortable with the pace and the conversations.

Hi, David. Welcome to NPN. Good to have another retired person here. Retirement is all it’s cracked up to be – and more! You’ll enjoy spending more time with your photography.

1 Like

Thank you Steve!

@David_Johnston:Great name indeed. Thank you for the welcome and I love your YouTube channel. Lots of great videos/information.

@Lon_Overacker: thank you. Looking forward to the interaction.

@David_Bostock: Congrats on the retirement. I’m jealous!

@Kris_Smith: Thanks so much.

@Egidio: thanks. But i still have 4 years, 2 months and 20 days left to retire…but who’s counting.

2 Likes

Welcome David! Glad to have you aboard and looking forward to your images and participation!

1 Like

David, welcome to NPN! Bienvenidos! I am glad you joined this great community and look forward to seeing your images. The churches in Mexico are beautiful. I was born in Dolores Hidalgo.

1 Like