Hello Fellow Nature Photography Enthusiasts

Hello Everyone,

Just joined! Looking forward to learning and sharing with everyone. I have been interested in photography since high school, 40 years ago :blush:. I have he’d lots of nice cameras over years, film
and digital, however, I never progressed beyond a snapshot photographer. In the last year or so, I have decided to get a little more focused and see if I could do better. My interests are all over the place but my first love is nature, of any type. I do really like birds, such beautiful and fascinating creatures, but oh so difficult to photograph. Attached is one of my better attempts of a female Baltimore Oriole.

Thanks,
Doug

1 Like

Doug, first of all, welcome to NPN. I do hope that you find this site to be all you hoped it to be. For me, it has been a wonderful community of photographers with similar interest, from pros to those just starting out, and we try to help each other along their journey in photography.

This is an excellent image of this beautiful bird. I like the perch he is on as well. I am looking forward to seeing more of your images, and reading your comments and critiques of other’s photos. Again, welcome to NPN!

Hi Doug! Welcome to NPN! It’s a great community where you can learn a lot of stuff. Everyone is very kind and helpful as far as feedback goes on your photos and even if you don’t know what a certain insect or flower or bird is usually someone does! We all help each other out. This is a really beautiful image! I like the lighting, the background and the way your model is posing! Again, welcome!

Hail fellow mid-westerner. I’m just north of you…well way north in Wisconsin. Gorgeous shot here with nice detail, pose & light. I hope you become a regular contributor. The amount of advice, knowledge and collaboration here is phenomenal. Dive right in by viewing and commenting on others’ photos and don’t be shy with your own either. Cheers!