Hello! I'm Beth!

I’m a native Southerner happily living in the PNW for the last 6 years. I love nature photography and I am most happy when I am at awe with the beauty around me. For me, photography is strickly a hobby; it’s for my enjoyment only. I love learning and expanding my photography skills. I hope to learn a lot through this site by reading and using the photo critiques.

1 Like

What a beautiful image to use as an introduction! Welcome to NPN, Beth! Look forward to seeing more of your images.

Hi Beth! Welcome to NPN! I’m also in the Pacific Northwest. I live on Camano Island, about an hour north of Seattle.

Beautiful image for your first post! This is a familiar falls though I can’t place it. Nice light and shutter speed. I like the fall colors showing through the mist above the falls. I’m looking forward to seeing more of your work and contributions!

Welcome to NPN, Beth. It’s wonderful to have another hobby photographer in the group. You live in a beautiful area of the country, and your photo shows it.

Welcome to NPN Beth! So glad you joined.

Love the misty atmosphere you’ve captured here. A beautiful image to post your introduction.

You hint at a great point about learning and critiques - it’s not necessarily just about what you read or learn from others critiquing, but also that we learn by critiquing other’s work - learning and growing ourselves while providing constructive feedback to others.

Look forward to your work and participation.

Lon

Hi and welcome to NPN! Most of us here practice the art for the sheer fun and challenge of it and not for any income or monetary compensation. That doesn’t mean there isn’t a deep well of experience, knowledge and creativity here. Far from it. This is a terrific opening salvo from you. Most of us are suckers for waterfalls and the more I see from up there, the more I think I need a workshop or two.

Wow, Beth! Stunning introduction shot! Glad to have you here!

Welcome to NPN, Beth. I know you’ll get a lot out of this community. I am also in the PNW, in Portland, Or.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work. This one is superb.

Hi Steve, Thanks for the nice reply. I love the area north of Seattle. Never been to Camano Island, but would love to explore more up that way.
Waterfall is in the Columbia Gorge, I believe Wyeth Falls. Super easy walk and very pretty as is everything in the Gorge.

Thank you David! Nice to see meet someone in the same area. I’m in Portland a couple of times a month.

Thanks so much!

Yay hobby photographers!! Thanks for the welcome.

1 Like

Thank you for the welcome. Very nice to be in this group. I’m definitely spoiled living here with all the natural beauty so close by. Looking forward to learning lots from this group.

Thank you Lon for the warm welcome. Looking forward to learning lots and being an active member of the group.

Thanks David. Glad to be here!

Welcome Beth to NPN! That’s such a lovely waterfall image. Looking forward to seeing more.

Hi Beth! Welcome from a fellow PNW photographer. Lovely image of Emerald Falls, I have yet to come away from there with one I really like. Hope to see more!