Hello!

I’m a nature photographer, workshop leader and photography educator located in Southern California. I have been shooting nature and landscapes for most of my life and was introduced to the genre when my Dad took workshops in Yosemite from Ansel Adams. Since then, I have traveled the world with my camera by my side.

1 Like

Hi Holly! Welcome to NPN! This is a beautiful first post. I’m looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

1 Like

Welcome Holly! From one newbie to another, I hope you jump right into participation.

1 Like

Hi Holly! Welcome! Wow! Ansel Adams! Pretty awesome!

1 Like

Welcome to NPN! Real fine post. Given your background, I am really looking forward to your insights and critiques! I think you will enjoy it around here, it is a friendly and helpful place.

1 Like

Hello Holly, welcome aboard. I look forward to seeing more of your photos. I have a lot to learn. You have come to the right site if you want to teach and learn.

1 Like

Welcome to NPN, Holly! I hope you will find this community as enjoyable as I have done since I joined last October. Very nice first posting, looking forward to your upcoming posts. Just for me to learn, have you used focus stacking to get that crisp sharpness all throughout the image?

No focus stacking here. I just realized I answered your question regarding a different picture. Sorry. This was shot at F16 and my focus point was on the rocks. I use an easy method focusing 1/3 of the way into the frame and it works quite well for landscapes. Also added additional sharpening in post processing.