Help Identify

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Unknown bird, Liwonde NP, Malawi No idea what it is. A female from the Lark family,? A juvenile Yellow Wagtail?

Technical Details

Leica CL Sigma 150-600

Helped by another forum :smiley: : Collared Palm Thrush, a bit South of its normal range.

A cool pose by the thrush, Jaapv. I like that perch, though obviously not too natural. It feels pretty cramped in the frame, but it also looks as if the perch is going quickly out of focus at both ends. If you’ve cropped this, maybe a more vertical composition with more room top and bottom would make it feel less crowded.

1 Like

Thank you,Dennis. It is approximately the full frame, so not much space I used the full 600 on an APS sensor, so the 900 effective gave me a tight frame. A matter of taste, I suspect. I like to fill the frame on shots like this.

Great inquisitive and engaging look. It reminds me of a mockingbird or a brown thrasher in its aspect here, Lovely light. I bet these are entertaining.

1 Like