Heron in Foggy Marsh w/ revision

Updated:

Original:

Day 4 of the Oregon coast trip with @John_Williams. The thick fog is still with us. Again we moved inland since we couldn’t even see the ocean. We found this marsh area on day 3 and came back for more. I was about ready to pack up the gear when I noticed this heron back in the fog.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome

Technical Details

D850, a50-600 at 600, f/11, 1/160 sec, ISO 400

4 Likes

Your focus variation worked out really well here. I like the way the fog and the less sharp areas combine to lead the eye to the heron, and I like the overall appearance of the marsh. I could even see selectively clarifying the heron to add to that effect.

This is a really beautiful, peaceful looking scene, Steve. The fog makes it look like a painting.

Beautifully done. I love the soft colors muted by the fog. The vertical grasses form a wonderful frame for the heron, which is well placed in the image. Really wonderful.

Thank you for your kind comments @John_Williams, @Vanessa_Hill and @Chris_Baird. I’ve added a new version at the top based on John’s suggestions.

1 Like

Love what you did with the new version, it really brings out the colors more but still has the sense of mystery.

Love the repost Steve; it was exactly what I was thinking about.