Hey all, I'm Benjamin Maze - good to be back!

I had a membership a couple of years ago, but have decided to jump back on this great site! Looking forward to interacting with you all and taking part in discussions.

Here is one of my favourite images captured this year, taken within Tasmania’s wild Southwest NP of the tallest peak in the park. Though we were initially greeted with thick fog, it eventually cleared to reveal this scene of swirling atmosphere and dappled light.

I’ve also started to try and include some information about the flora that can be seen in my images since endemic Tasmanian plants are quite foreign to most people. Visible in this photo are Pandani (photogenic rounded bushes); King Billy Pines (centre trees in front of the mountain); narrow-leaf orites (yellow flowers); scoparia (spiky-looking bushes on the right); pineapple grass (triangular bladed grass on right) plus a few others.

2 Likes

Welcome back Benjamin, what a fantastic image! The extra info about this fascinating place is appreciated, it’s quite foreign to me, but I want to see it now!

1 Like

Thank you David! The entire state of Tasmania is a really special place; I’ve already been down three times this year and will be back in October!

Welcome back, Benjamin. What an intriguing photo you got here. Those plants do look foreign and somewhat similar to what I see in some sci-fi movies. Looking forward to your contributions.

1 Like

Hi Benjamin! Welcome back! This is a wonderful image and I really appreciate the information on the flora. I’m looking forward to more of your work and your contributions!

1 Like

Welcome back Benjamin! So glad you decided to come back! Hopefully with your images and participation we can continue growing NPN and the community!

Looking forward to your work and participation.

Lon

1 Like

Whatever brought you back is a good thing. It will be nice to see more images from your part of the world. Especially with such great atmosphere and information included. Hope you find the community just what you need to stay afloat with your photography and will bring us more photos, critique and conversation.

1 Like

Hey Ben! Man NPN just got stronger with you here. Glad to have you. Stunning images as always my man

1 Like

Hi Ben, welcome back to NPN. What a fantastic image and wonderful information too. Thanks for sharing. I can’t wait to see more of your work soon.

1 Like

Hi Ben, so great to see you back on NPN! You know I appreciate your photography so much. Really awesome image and the plant information was great.

1 Like

Welcome back! Love both the image and info!

1 Like