Hi everyone, I'm Lisa Dickson.

Hi I’m Lisa. I got started in photography in high school in 1984 . My first camera was a cannon AE1 35 mm film camera. After being out of photography for 15 years I just got back into it within the last 2 years. I now have 2 cannon cameras and 5 lenes. I love to be in the outdoors and explore with my camera . Really like wildlife photography and Landscape Photography.

3 Likes

Hi Lisa! Welcome to NPN! I really like your photo. Those eyes are looking right through you!

I’m sure you will like it here. It’s a great community and and a good place to learn. I’m looking forward to seeing more of your work and your contributions.

1 Like

Super pic. No one messes with this bird. He doesn’t scare easily, which is why s/he stays put to stare you down. Good cross lighting and focus.

1 Like

Lisa, welcome to NPN. What an intense look from that bird. Wonderful! Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Cheers,
David

1 Like

Hello Lisa, and welcome to the long running on line NPN photographic community. Your posted image has a lot of fine attributes going for it including the whimsical look of the bird… :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Welcome to NPN Lisa! We look forward to your images and for your participation in the forums and galleries! Jump right in!

Lon

1 Like

Hi, Lisa. Welcome to the NPN. Wow, are those eyes locked on you! I’m looking forward to your landscape and wildlife photos.

1 Like

Thanks David:)

Welcome to NPN Lisa. Terrific first post. I love the huge feet and the intense stare. I think you’ll find that this is an open and welcoming community for sharing and learning all things photography. Looking forward to seeing more of your images and hearing your thoughts on others work.

1 Like

Hi Lisa, welcome to NPN! What a nice image of this guy. I always enjoy face-on images of birds. I used one of those when I worked as a photojournalist in the Army. I owned Minoltas myself.

So glad you got back into photography. I had taken a little break myself. Looking forward to seeing some of your images as well as your comments and critiques. This is a wonderful community of photographers.

1 Like

Hi Lisa, and welcome to NPN. Your photo has me smiling - that bird is intense and goofy at the same time!

2 Likes