Hi everyone, I'm Richard

I’m originally from Michigan, but have lived in Sarasota, Florida for over 40 years. My favorite genres are Landscape/ Seascape, but I enjoy bird and flower photography. I hope to learn better composition, and new ideas for subjects.

4 Likes

Hi Richard! Welcome to NPN! This is a great community and a good place to learn. This is a great first post. Beautiful light and nice comp. I’m looking forward to more of your images and contributions.

Hello Richard, and welcome to the NPN photographic community. This is a wonderful first image… :sunglasses:

Thank you, Steve

Thank you Paul

1 Like

Welcome to NPN Richard. Terrific first post. Love the light and the leading line. This is a terrific place to both learn and to also help others learn. Looking forward to more of your images Richard.

Hi, Richard. Welcome to the NPN. What a beautiful photo you shared with your introduction.

Thank you Egidio

1 Like

Thank you, David

Welcome aboard Richard! Great to have you here on NPN.

We look forward to your images and contributions!

Lon

I’ll add my welcome! This is a great place to hang out. This image grabbed my attention right away – I think it is stunning, in composition, color and lighting. On viewing the larger size I see some details that are either interesting or puzzling , depending on your intent. They are most obvious near the bottom. Can you tell us more about your processing and whether it is from an artistic filter? I have no objection at all to pushing things more into the realm of fantasy, but this looks like it would make such a stunning image with no “extra help” that I’m curious about the look.

1 Like

Hi Diane. Thank you for the kind words. The main thing in the processing was quite a bit of dodging and burning to bring attention to the flowing water.