Hydrangea

Hydrangea is native to Japan. It’s a symbol of Japan’s rainy season, and looks more beautiful in the rain.

Specific Feedback Requested

I took two pictures from slightly different angles. Which one would you prefer?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon EOSRP, Canon Macro 100mm, f2.8 (Focus Stack)

Exquisite! The careful arrangement shows, Nao. I prefer the first because it looks more harmonious - better separation between the leaf on the right and the flower cluster. The arcing leaf mimics the arcing flowers and that’s so pleasing. I like the undersides of the leaves, too. And who doesn’t love water droplets? Fantastic - the detail and light are perfect. The yellow is very slightly greenish. Thanks for sharing these.

素晴らしい

I didn’t know that the Hydrangea was native to Japan. Thank you for providing the provenance of the species.

I agree with @Kris_Smith that the arrangement of the top image is more pleasing. The bottom fringe of leaves is just perfect. It shows that you took a lot of time looking before making the image.

I guess the only improvement would be to see the plant in full bloom. I assume that it will have more blue in the individual colors.

Namaste

Thanks so much for your heartwarming comments, @Kris_Smith and @paul_g_wiegman. I’m glad you like it!

I like them both too - but I prefer the second one, because the top of the bloom contrasts more with the BG. For me the flowers sit more comfortably in the frame lower down, as in the second shot.

Conclusion? Both are excellent shots - and I agree we’d like to see it when the flowers are fully open too.

Thanks so much for your heartwarming comments, @Mike_Friel . I’ll try to take it in full bloom next year.