I know my partner is late.

This Eagle is calling for a changing of the Gard.

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I have been told that the eggs have hatched, but as of April10, they are too small to be see in the nest. The first frame was taken just of feeding and the second post is about 50 minutes later (he or she) is call for the shift change.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter
(City Eagles)

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R%, Canon 100-500mm &n 1.4ext, f10, 700mm, -.7EV, 1/1600, ISO 1600. The shots were cropped buy 50% an aI used local brushes to sharpen and brighten the Eagle ( DXO PotoLab 6

Very nice, and a good instance of behaviour. Good highlight control on the head, you might even be able to pull up a bit more detail. That one horizontal branch “growing” out of the bird is a pity. Much as I dislike modifying such elements, in this case I would clone it out.

50 minutes sure made a difference in the light, Peter. I love the first image, but the extra light on the tree in the second competes a lot more with the eagle. Both are very nice shots.

Hi Jaapv & Dennis
Thank you for the comments. Jaapv as for the branch, it is beyond the cloning software in DXO PhotoLab or at least my ability. Dennis I started over on the second shot and I hope this looks better.
Peter

Nice sequence of images and the story you are telling. I’m okay with the branch: the eagle is looking down and helps to direct our view in that direction; plus, I agree with you it would be hard to clone all of that out, though I might remove the small branch in the RUC. Your lucky to have these eagles close at hand.

Hi Peter, I like both of these images with an interesting pose and good look at the eye in both. The light in the second does not really bother me - you handled it well with detail in the shadows. The bird in the second image does seem soft with noise present in the large image size. Still these are fine captures. A great opportunity to witness this.

Hi Allen B. & AllenS.
Thank you for your comments. It is fun to Eagles in the middle of Manchester, Ct.
Peter