Iris Inner Light

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any Canon 5d MkIII, f18, 1/125, iso 500 at 180 Canon Macro lens. Added blur and cropped image. Main interest was appearance of natural inner light.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

When I first saw this, John, I thought it was flames of fire. Then I read the title, and realized it was a flower. Great job.

This does look like a view into a fire at first glance. A very interesting alternative view into the heart of an Iris.

Original .jpg file from camera. Cropping and slight noise reduction applied using photoshop. Thanks
Shirley and Mark for your

helpful comments.

Wow, quite an eye-catcher here John and very appealing. The yellows and reds certainly could be flames from a campfire. The blurring you applied adds to the mystery of the image and the dark background really makes it stand out. Thanks for sharing.

I think you have a lovely image. The original jpeg, while not having quite the same look as the original post is more appealing to me, largely because it doesn’t have the big yellow frame around it. In the original, I’m so pulled to the frame the the flower become secondary.

Thanks Keith, Totally agree after viewing both photos after a few days.