Its a Big World Out There(edit in comments.)

I went to the botanic garden to photograph flowers and the dragonflies were all over the place. Luckily, I had a longer lens with me and had unexpected fun photographing these little guys. This one just looked like he was about to take off into the void!

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D850, 300 mm f4 at f4, ISO 100 1/640 second, handheld.

2 Likes

Beautiful image! I really love the back view and he does look ready for take off!

1 Like

A very unique shot! From an artistic standpoint, I see a very creative shot. I might blur out the sharply defined sepals slightly on the pink flower in the BG. Nice shot…Jim

An interesting view, Kathy. Normally I avoid the south end of any creature, but this does have the “taking-off” feel to it. He selected a nice runway. Glad the DF’s were everywhere and you were able to have fun shooting some shots of them. I agree with Jim’s suggestion.

1 Like

@Shirley_Freeman @Jim_Zablotny
Thanks for the comments both of you. I agree with blurring those little petals a bit. Had not noticed that. Thank you !
Kathy

1 Like

Attached is the edit with the little petals blurred. I think its an improvement.

2 Likes

The rework is really pleasing. Crisp detail where you want it, the rest our imagination fills in and I think that’s what’s strongest about this image from an artistic perspective. Excellent work!

1 Like