It's Cold In Here

Image: It’s Cold In Here

Description: This image was captured following a rain, followed by a quick drop in temperature incasing the leaves and buds of my bushes and trees in ice. I couldn’t help but think they wanted to escape their imposed captivity.

Specific Feedback Requested: Any and all comments welcomed.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Camera: Canon EOS 40D. Lens: EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM @ f/3.5, 1/200 sec. ISO 320. Processed with Photoshop.

1 Like

Ice storms like this can be so magical and you’ve managed to find a piece of that @robert21 . I love to color and the fact that the focus is on the main part of the bud with the rest out of focus. The reddish background on the left works well, and I wonder what it would look like if the UR side were toned down just a smidge. Nice work. Would love to see more from that day if you have them and want to share.

Thank you, and I do have a couple of more, I’ll get them ready and get them out. Robert Engle

Robert, these are some neat ice covered leaves and buds. I like John’s suggestion on the first one. Nice work.

Thank you, Shirley, for the kind words. Bob

1 Like

@robert21 thanks for the added images. I might suggest the next storm, you work with on having the background be more diffuse as you have in the initial image. Maybe also get closer in? Anyway, keep on having fun out there!

Very nice Robert! Such an interesting subject and that red really pops. The gradient of the background is also very interesting.