Just signed up to NPN. My name is Brett Joslin

I’m Based in Maine, United State. I’m inspired by others, I have a thirst for knowledge, I eat sleep and breath photography during my free time. I’m open for suggestions/feedback and more learning opportunities. I’m into art using photography and find the entire process therapeutic.

My hope for signing up is to find a likeminded people, community, maybe a mentor, maybe some local folks or events.

My interests are nature, landscape, seascape, small scene, abstract, wild life, and astro.

This is a quest to learn to make artistic images.

2 Likes

Hi Brett, welcome to NPN. Terrific first post. Love the shallow Depth of Field and the sharpness of the dog’s head. Well done. I think you will find like-minded folks here and expect you will learn a lot from our community.

Cheers,
David

1 Like

Hello Brett and welcome to the NPN community of photographers. Seeing that you’re living in Maine and me in So Cal we have the complete opposites in locales both in north to south and east to west here in the USA. Looking forward to your participation… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi, Brett. Welcome to NPN. What a lovely photo you shared in your introduction. The DOF is great, but it is the color palette that grabbed my attention from the start. I love how the dog’s fur and grass blend seamlessly. Beautiful!

1 Like

Hi Brett, and welcome to NPN. I think you have found the community of photographers you were hoping for, and a change to learn as well be inspired. I know I have sure enjoyed this site and learned so much from other photographers here. I love your photo of the dog. Such a nice image. Looking forward to seeing more of your work and your comments on others’ images as well. Again, welcome.

1 Like

Hi Brett, and welcome from MA!

1 Like

Great to have you on here Brett. Looking forward to what you all post.

1 Like

You’re right pretty much thr opposite ends of the country. Thank you

Oh my neck of the woods. Thanks!

1 Like