Kati Thanda Moonrise

At 15.2 metres below sea level, Kati Thanda is the lowest point in Australia. Floodwaters cover the lake once every eight years on average. Waterbirds descend in the thousands when the lake begins to fill.

There is a sense of isolation as I stand on the dry lake edge and I see nothing as far as the eye can see.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

2 Likes

Glennie, this does a fine job of capturing the isolation. The variety of horizontal color strips, including the sky colors looks very good and the moon shows well. There’s a fine pensive quietness here. While some dodging of the moon would let it show more strongly, I like how it’s subtleness fits with the subtle color changes in the sky.

Wow – you have captured the middle of nowhere! And the colors there are subtly gorgeous!

I think you might explore a tiny bit of work on the moon – it is nicely sharp (no worries about needing to focus on the FG!) but the darker seas look a tiny bit too dark – and I do mean a TINY bit. But maybe its just a sort of illusion because they are near the bottom of the moon where it’s starting to fade into the sky.