Leveransvagn (Swedish Name for Delivery Wagon)

This was taken while touring a working historic community called “Skansen” in Stockholm, Sweden.
I noticed this wagon rounding a corner just ahead of us but by the time I saw it again, the wagon had been unhitched from the horse, the next time I saw it, the goods had been removed by the delivery man dressed in authentic 18th century attire.
I do have an image of the store clerk inside of the general store that operated this wagon, I’ll post that one later.

This is another one of the images in my archives that seemed to work well in B&W.
And wow, I have hundreds…and hundreds of images that have never been processed! :open_mouth:
But rather than going back in time with my archives, I plan to get out there and shoot some fresh images with some of my new found insights learned recently here at NPN.
In the meantime, I do have a few more from the archives I’d like to share and get your feedback on.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I like the look so far, I feel that the tones, shadows and highlights are fairly good but I’d like to know what your thoughts are in that regard.
Do I need to adjust anything concerning tones, shadows or highlights?
Does it need to be rotated CCW any? The camera was level but the cobblestone alley is sloping upward to the left, but does it feel like it’s good the way it is? or not?

Any constructive feedback to the items selected and mentioned would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for looking! :slight_smile:

Technical Details

Sony a6000, 18-105 lens at 25mm (37mm in 35mm equivalent), 1/125s, f4, ISO 125, Ps & ACR for processing (B&W conversion in ACR).

Hi Merv,

No rotation is needed…in fact if you did, the top of the wall would be too drastic in my opinion.

I love the quality of your B&W treatment. I think this works quite well and has an antique feel to it. Well done. Not all B&W needs to be high contrast dark black and starch white. This one has wonderful gray mid-tones…the life of the image. So changes to the ones, shadows or highlights.

Looks like you’re a very quick study on the B&W side of things. Well done.

Cheers,
David

Hi David,

I agree with that statement wholeheartedly.
I’ve seen some B&W images elsewhere that had too much contrast in my opinion, they didn’t look natural or balanced in terms of tonal ranges, many of them had almost no mid range gray tones, personal preference I suppose.

I value your thoughts on B&W images because of your preference, experience and expertise in that genre!
Having said that, I value your thoughts on color images as well, not just B&W :slight_smile:

I really appreciate your feedback because it lets me know if I’m on the right track or not.

Thank you, David!
Your words are confirming and encouraging!