Marigold

Image Description

At home from a bed of marigolds blooming like a beautiful dream. A full patch that screams orange.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I wanted to do a macro of one flower but at the same time I wanted to include the pops of orange around the selected one. I would like to know if this is successful at conveying the feeling of beauty.

Technical Details

Nikon Z7
105mm
1/1000
F/4.5
ISO 100
LR for cropping and contrast

1 Like

Hi Marie,
That’s a beautiful macro shot. I love how the orange out-of-focus flowers curve from the bottom edge to the main subject.

The only detail that distracts my eye is the green leaf at the bottom, which is in focus. Because everything else is kind of bokeh-ish, the leaf stands out slightly. But that’s not a big deal.

thank you so much!

Hi Marie,

I think it’s safe to say that this successfully conveys beauty! :slight_smile:

I really like the color, ours are more of a lime green at this stage, they’re nice but I like yours better.

I like the framing and the DOF as well.

Jens mentioned the ‘in focus’ portions of leaves at the bottom, I don’t really find them to be distracting, but I do think it would be an overall improvement to do some blurring there.
We all see things in our own individual way (thank goodness!). :slight_smile:

Nicely done! :slight_smile:

Thank you!. I will work on a version blurring the front leaves and go from there. It helps a lot!

Hi Marie,

I meant to include that I love the soft lighting in this!! It makes the shadows nice and soft in the process as well and that makes the image more successful IMHO.

So grateful for this feedback