Meadowhawk Cooling Off

Description:

With early evening temps up near 90, even meadowhawks were raising therir abdomens in the obelisk position as a means to maintain optimal body temperature.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

D850 200mm f4 micro (1/400 sec at f14, ISO 800) Topaz DeNoise AI, Guassian blur on BG, reduce saturation of greens and yellows in BG, Brightness & Contrast…Jim
Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Lovely colours and a wonderful pose from the dragonfly! The orange and green work so well. I like seeing his legs holding onto the perch. I’ve never had much luck in the way of shooting these insects, so hats off to you.

My only suggestion would be to consider a little burning of the perch, from the bottom edge?

1 Like

Jim, the details in the df and it’s perch are excellent. I didn’t know these did the obelisk…something to watch for since late summer/fall seems to be when these show up around my favorite ponds.

1 Like

Jim, I agree with Mark, the details and DF and it’s perch are excellent. I love the colors of the DF, and how the BG supports him so nicely. Great shot.

1 Like

Jim: Great colors on this fellow and thanks for the info regarding their temperature regulation processes. Your dragonfly and damselfy images are setting a standard. Top notch.>=))>

1 Like