Mom! ___ Mom! ___ MOM!

This was taken this Spring when the Trumpeter Swans came back to Valdez. They arrived early and their normal breeding/nesting ponds were still frozen so they spent a couple weeks at Robe Lake which was partially thawed. Some of the swans were followed by last year’s cygnets and were hanging around as families. I had to laugh at this 1 year old cygnet that was trying to get the attention of his mother. It was squaking & honking but Mom was just ignoring it. It reminded me of us human families :wink:

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Sony a6500, SEL200600G @ 478 mm, ISO-250, f/7.1, 1/2500, hand held.

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites) No

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Too funny, Gary. Thank you for the explanation. He looks like he is really acting like a two year old demanding mom’s attention. Very nice details in both.

Beautiful capture and I love the story behind the image!

Hi Gary,

Parental indifference works like a charm. Wonderful comp and I like this as presented…Jim

Hi Gary
Vary nice interaction between Mom and her 1 year old. I can just hear it now ( you said the ice would be all gone)
Peter