Monarch Butterfly

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5ds-r with 100x400 lens, at f-16, 1/200 sec., and ISO of 800.

elwise44

My favorite butterfly. Nice catch here, John. I like the other flower in the background too. Very cool.

Wayne, I love this image. I know that the BF is more centered than one would normally want, but the balance of the 2 flowers, the leaves down below the BF, it all works well for me. Nice details in the BF too.

Thanks David and Shirley, butterflies are prolific this year. Most of my plants attract them but the butterfly bush is almost covered with them. My fig bushes also attract a variety.

This is a great image of the butterfly. I also like very much your composition that includes both the OOF flower in the BG and the sharp green leaves in the FG.

Thanks Ola, appreciate your review. Butterflies going crazy over my butterfly bush flowers.
Wayne

Hi Wayne, nice image that immerses us in this garden scene with the repeating flower in the background. Just wish the stem of the background flower didn’t intersect the antennae of the butterfly. I like your crop with the leaf on the right being fully included. A very pleasing image.

Wayne: I like this a lot. The BG flower is a really nice touch and your DOF gets good sharpness in the wings despite their partially open position. One of your best IMO. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Thanks Bill, several species of butterflies are abundant this month, especially on my buttefly bushes. Wish I could get a small cloud to saunter over in front of the sun when I’m out with my camera. I do get a chance early in the morning and evening.
Wayne