Moonset and Sunrise on Face Rock

This photo was taken at Face Rock State Wayside in Bandon, Oregon. The moon-set and sunrise happened to coincide on this particular morning. I don’t normally do star bursts, but it seemed to work here.

Specific Feedback Requested

Always appreciate your feedback.

Technical Details

2 Likes

This is a beautiful and peaceful scene! The starburst is kind of soft which adds to the peacefulness. I love the subdued magenta colors, and foreground waters with the reflections. There is a coolness, temperature wise, that I really like as well. Nicely done, Chris!

Mark - Your comments are always so lyrical and poetic. Thank you very much!

1 Like

Great image with a nice reflection, Chris. I love the moon “star” :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@David_Bostock Thank you for your comment!

Chris,

Beautiful coastal image. Marc mentioned the “coolness”, and what that impresses upon me is that physical feeling of standing on the beach, in the wet sand, in the early morning - or at dusk, the cool, if not chilly air and oh, that sweet smell of the ocean… Brings me right there.

Nothing to be critical of here. The only minor tweak/suggestion I might have, would be to tone down the brightness of the reflecting moon at the bottom. It appears or comes across as being brighter than anything else in the image. Again, pretty nitpicky, but not much else to suggest, so I tossed that in! :slight_smile:

Lon

Chris, the “your are here”, peacefulness stands out, with the clear face adding a but of humor. Your positioning of the moon and it’s reflections is excellent and you’ve got good visibility of the face, with it’s reflection adding extra balance to the left half of the frame.

@Lon_Overacker @Mark_Seaver Thank you very much for your very descriptive comments.