Morning Kiss

This image is from San Diego a few months ago. I was trying to get a few pastel beach scenes, scenes that are more minimal in nature, and very simplistic. I added a little bit of blue to the sky but otherwise didn’t have to do too much in post except reduce the contrast, and reduce the clarity in an effort to smooth everything out.
This image came to mind when the topic of serenity came up for the weekly challenge.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all feedback is welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Z7, ISO 40, 2.5 seconds @ f/11, 30mm, 24-70mm lens

3 Likes

Beautiful soft scene, David. The kind of scene that makes me want to have a house right on the beach! Or at least be able to visit it from time to time. Very nicely done.

Beautiful, David. The image has a great painterly look and would look excellent printed big and hung on a wall.

Those subtle beach colors are so gorgeous! That rock at the bottom makes this feel grounded and stable.

Gorgeous colours and shapes with plenty of movement yet is quiet and serene.

The tiny rivulets running back into the sea are the icing on cake!

David, this is excellent. As Harley says, my first thought was that this is the sort of scene that would stand out hanging on a corporate (or private) wall.

Thank you @linda_mellor , @Harley_Goldman , @Bonnie_Lampley , @glennie , @Mark_Seaver for your thoughts and comments on this one. I may actually print this one up just to see how it looks. Thanks again for your input.

Very serene. I love this photo for its softness in color and texture. Nice job.

1 Like