Mush Rooooom

Image Description

Decided to show an abstract vibe of a mushroom in color. lots of editing

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Very playful in the colors. I just went overboard trying to find something different. Just another weird photo. It could have been an LP cover for a 60s rock band. Showing my age …

1 Like

Gill, you found another interesting subject. I am always intrigued by the underside of mushrooms like this. The colors are interesting. I think if it were mine, I might would give the mushroom a bit more room, especially on the right side. Also, I am finding my eye going to the brighter area in the upper right corner (URC), so I might would try cloning or darkening. I like the various colors in the mushroom. Probably a good subject for B&W as well. Nice lines, shapes and probably nice tones. I like it in color though. We have some mushroom fans like @Kris_Smith that might have more to add and even be able to give us the name of the type of mushroom. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for showing interest. It would made a cool 60s LP cover.
Just weird colorful playful photo.
It could be edited so many different ways. It didn’t work in black and white for some reason. So I put the psychedelic 60s banner on it and had fun.

Thanks again. I hope it brought a smile to your face. Peace to the Planet :earth_americas::earth_americas::pray::pray::earth_americas::earth_americas:

1 Like

The “Magic Mushrooms” band comes to mind for a 60s rock band album cover.

Those ‘are’ some Psychedelics Colors there :smiley:

Looks like someone has already taken a bite :fairy: :roll_eyes:

Clever

How about another title? "Gills by Gill.

2 Likes

Great Title.
“The Mushroom/Gill Band.
I’m a product of the 60s. Music was everything. Play guitar , have a girlfriend and play music.
:earth_americas::camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash::guitar::guitar::guitar::pray::camera_flash:

I think a fair amount of us here are products of the 60s :smiley:

Wow. Product of the 60s. The network is a really good place to be. My photography and original music has been such a huge part of my life. To be honest and original is the goal.

Thanks for showing interest.

I’ll be learning how to navigate more and more and looking at all the great photography.

Peace to us all. :camera_flash::earth_americas::guitar::pray::guitar::guitar::earth_americas:

Fascinating structure and color. But I’d be better at keeping my eye on the interesting stuff if the highlights were subdued and there was more room and cleanup at the edges. Wonky is your choice/voice, of course, but you are the one in control of what you want the viewer to focus on, and I think you have a very worthy subject here.

Just a quick idea. I should have added canvas on the right instead of cropping, though. But the top had to go. Cleaned up the leaves in the LLC and should have removed the bit of light stuff in the LRC.

2 Likes

Ah, @Diane_Miller hit it with her edit. We want focus on that texture and crazy color, not the giant bright spot at the top. No idea what kind it is because there isn’t enough info that is true to life, and even if there was, sometimes it’s really hard. 8 books and the internet and a lot of the time it’s still just a guess.

Wow. Interesting edit. I left the top to have some white in the photo. I like the edit. Very cool.

The bright areas top and right could possibly work if they weren’t blown and weren’t so close to the edge. The detail in the UR pulls the eye and doesn’t fit – leaves the viewer wondering what it is and why it’s there. One “rule” that is worth following is border patrol.

Thanks. It’s great to see and hear another way. I really appreciate your ideas and interest in my photography. I’m always interested what others think and looking at photography from a set of fresh eyes. Could be a great 60s LP cover.

:camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash: